Advanced-Level Adolescent and Adult Sexual Assault Assessment
SANE/SAFE Forensic Learning Series
The Advanced-Level Adolescent and Adult Sexual Assault Assessment is designed to give novice and experienced sexual assault examiners the opportunity to learn, apply, and demonstrate competency in sexual assault evaluations of adolescents and adults.
This assessment builds on the skills demonstrated through completion of the Entry- Level and Intermediate-Level books. Sexual assault examiners are presented with case studies that have additional levels of complexity. Each case challenges users to consider medical conditions, as well as normal anatomical variants and patient specific factors that affect medical evaluations, evidence collection, treatment, and patient education and referrals.
Materials and activities in the Advanced-Level Adolescent and Adult Sexual Assault Assessment have been accredited through the Saint Louis University School of Medicine and the Saint Louis University School of Nursing. Medical professionals can earn 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ or 3.0 Nursing Contact Hours. The Entry- Level, Intermediate-Level, and Advanced-Level books will be available in spring 2012.
Features and Benefits
|Product Details:||136 pages, 55 images and 17 contributors|
|Audience:||Law Enforcement, Attorneys, Physicians, ER Personnel, Pediatricians, EMTs, Nurses, Clinical Researchers, Social Service Personnel, Mental Health Professionals, Domestic Violence Experts, Child Advocates, Child Abuse Prevention Professionals, Child Protective Services Members|
I: Anatomical Review
1. Sexual Assault: 27-year-old Female Patient
2. Sexual Assault: 25-year-old Male Patient in a Correctional Facility
3. Sexual Assault: 76-year-old Female Patient
4. Sexual Assault: 19-year-old Female Patient
5. Sexual Assault: 25-year-old Female Patient
6. Sexual Assault: 34-year-old Female Patient
7. Sexual Assault: 22-year-old Male Patient
8. Drug-Facilitated Sexual Assault: 26-year-old Female Patient
9. Intimate Partner Violence and Sexual Assault: 24-year old Female Patient
10. Consensual Sex
II: Recommended Reading
III: Answer Key
IV: CME/CNE Test Questions