Intermediate-Level Adolescent and Adult Sexual Assault Assessment
SANE/SAFE Forensic Learning Series
The Intermediate-Level Adolescent and Adult Sexual Assault Assessment is designed to give novice and experienced sexual assault examiners the opportunity to learn, apply, and demonstrate competency in sexual assault evaluations of adolescents and adults. Students are presented with more complex case histories, including different forms of drug facilitated sexual assault scenarios, and are introduced to additional anatomic terms compared to the Entry-Level Assessment. They also have opportunities to identify normal anatomical variants and other patient-specific factors that should be considered during medical evaluations, evidence collection, treatment, and patient education.
Materials and activities in the Intermediate-Level Adolescent and Adult Sexual Assault Assessment have been accredited through the Saint Louis University School of Medicine and the Saint Louis University School of Nursing. Medical professionals can earn 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ or 3.0 Nursing Contact Hours.
Upon completion of the Intermediate-Level assessment, you can continue to expand your knowledge and skills with the Advanced-Level volume. The Entry-Level, Intermediate-Level, and Advanced-Level books will be available in spring 2012.
Features and Benefits
|Product Details:||136 pages, 55 images and 17 contributors|
|Audience:||Law Enforcement, Attorneys, Physicians, ER Personnel, Pediatricians, EMTs, Nurses, Clinical Researchers, Social Service Personnel, Mental Health Professionals, Domestic Violence Experts, Child Advocates, Child Abuse Prevention Professionals, Child Protective Services Members|
I: Anatomical Review
1. Drug-Facilitated Sexual Assault: 28-year-old Female Patient
2. Sexual Assault: 23-year-old Female Patient
3. Sexual Assault: 16-year-old Female Patient
4. Sexual Assault: 24-year-old Female Patient
5. Drug-Facilitated Sexual Assault: 16-year-old Female Patient
6. Physical Assault and Incapacitated Rape: 29-year-old Female Patient
7. Sexual Assault: 24-year-old Female Patient
8. Incapacitated Sexual Assault: 38-year-old Female Patient
9. Sexual Assault: 19-year-old Female Patient
10. Sexual Assault: 15-year-old Male Patient
11. Documenting a History and Reviewing a Case
II: Recommended Reading
III: Answer Key
IV: CME/CNE Test Questions