STM Learning is a leading scientific, technical, and medical publisher of child maltreatment and related topics. Our materials are produced to the highest standards of accuracy, readability, and aesthetic design in collaboration with more than 800 expert authors and contributors. We work closely with leading medical, law enforcement, social services, and legal professionals to develop relevant clinical research and training that informs and educates professionals who are in positions to identify, treat, and prevent child maltreatment and other forms of abuse.
Please visit the Editorial & Design Process for more information on our publishing process.
STM Learning is not currently accepting unsolicited manuscripts, but we are accepting proposals for future projects. If you have an idea for a book you would like us to consider, please submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• The intended title and subtitle of your proposed work.
• A brief description of the title. In one paragraph, please explain the scope, core themes, arguments, issues, and other topics of the work. What, in your opinion, makes your treatment of this topic stand apart from the alternatives?
• A full description of the title. Working from your brief description, please elaborate in one to two pages on the core goals and arguments of your work. What contribution do you imagine your work providing to the body of literature in its field?
• A preliminary table of contents. As fully as possible, please specify the structure and organization of the project. Ideally, this should include a title and descriptive paragraph for each chapter.
• A summary of your project’s competition. How would you describe the primary audience for your project? What other titles address the issues and topics that you wish to write about? How would your proposed title compete with the existing texts?
• Any additional information that you can provide. Please estimate a final page count, usage of images, tables, or other non-textual materials, and any other planned features of the work (boxed text, glossaries, activities and study questions, etc.).
• An estimated delivery date. When do you expect to have a completed manuscript? When do you expect your contributors or co-authors to complete their contributions?
• Any peer review suggestions. Do you know of professionals or experts in the field who could be approached to review sections or chapters of this work?
• Complete author information. Please provide contact information and credentials for all authors, co-authors, or co-editors. Also, please provide short bios or complete CVs. For edited collections, please provide information for all contributors.
The STM Learning product line consists primarily of academic-quality references and trade titles on child abuse. Please visit Books & Media to view examples of our published texts. Our authors and editors are leading experts in their respective fields. Their submissions are backed by thoroughly researched writing and high-quality photography.